SUMMER CORN, CUCUMBER + BLUEBERRY SALAD WITH WILLYUM JALAPENO SEASONING SALT
Can you believe this weekend is already the 4th of July?! The 4th always makes me feel like summer is half way over even though there’s still a solid 2 months left. One of my very favorite summertime foods is fresh corn on the cob. Or anything that includes corn on the cob (or off the cob) … I found this recipe on Two Peas & Their Pod a few summers ago and now make it many times during the summer. It’s a salad that gets better over a few days as all the spices really soak in and holds up well in my lunch box to bring to work or would be great for taking to the beach!
Sal has a friend from work who started a spice company with his wife so we bought their “I Want It All” set to try them out. All the spices are great but by far my favorite is the Jalapeño Seasoning Salt… I’ve been putting it on my avocado toast every morning, mixing it into fajitas and tacos and when I made my first batch of this salad for the summer I knew it’d be the PERFECT match!! This salad is delicious either way but if you’re able to get some of this seasoning salt to add to it you’ll be hooked too!
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
6 ears fresh corn, husked
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 English cucumber
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1 small bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
1-2 jalapeños finely chopped (we like our food spicy so I always use 2)
Juice from 1 lime
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon WillYUM jalapeño seasoning salt
or salt and pepper to taste if you don’t have the seasoning salt
- In a large pot, bring water and a large spoonful of sugar to a rolling boil, add corn, cover and let sit for 10 minutes. I’ve been cooking my corn like this since last summer I SWEAR by this method!
- In a large bowl, mix blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño.
- In a small mixing bowl make dressing using juice, oil, honey and seasonings.
- Husk corn and add to the large bowl with other fruit and veggies.
- Pour dressing, mix well + enjoy!